By frosting hallucinations on |
The king of fruits (Mango) is one of the if not THE most popular fruit. It has got a rich unique flavor, color, fragrance and a delightful taste, and not to forget all the bonus nutritional benefits. :)
Alright enough about the info, lets get down to business.
So I made this gorgeous cake this morning because:
- I was at home and had nothing to do
- Had a big box of ripe mangoes (my mum bought the whole box because it was cheap:P)
- And I found this fabulous recipe from HOMESTYLE cakes
And heres the cake :)
plain flour - 75g
self-raising flour - 150g
eggs - 6
caster sugar - 220g
boiling water - 2tbs
- preheat oven to 180c and grease and line tins
- beat the eggs and sugar with electric mixer for 7 min till thick and pale
- fold in the sifted flour and water
- bake for 30min until done
Mango mousse filling
cream - 1 1/2 c
mango puree - 1c
Sugar 1/4c(or adjust to taste)
gelatin powder - 1tbs
hot water - 3tbs
- Dissolve the gelatin powder in hot water and add to the mango puree and mix well, make sure no chunks of gelatin are present.
- Whip the cream and fold in to the mango puree until smooth.
jelly powder - 50g (preferably mango flavor)
gelatin - 2tsp
boiling water - 1/4c
water - 1/4c
- Combine the jelly powder and the gelatin. Add the boiling water and mix till everything is dissolved.
- add the water to the mixture and let cool but make sure it doesn't set.
*Assembly (easier to put together in a tin with a collar)
For the boiled frosting, I used the same recipe from the Ginger walnut cake and just added a drop of yellow color.