By frosting hallucinations on |
Another healthy snack.
Seems like I am totally after a fiber and protein filled healthy diet doesn't it. Well its not that really. I just bought a big bag of oat bran (it was on sale, never miss out on a bargain :D) and thought what a better way of using it than in a muffin. And having bananas ripening away, I thought, let's make banana oat muffins.
This recipe uses all the good stuff, ripe banana, nutritious carrot, healthy oat bran, wholemeal flour, honey, and not to mention the amount of butter it has (only 2 tbs) and I'm sure it can easily be swapped with vegetable oil for even healthier result.
They are gorgeous, they are simple, they are irresistible and the best part is they satisfy your taste buds AND provide nutritional benefits.
you can enjoy them for breakfast along with a glass of milk or a cup of earl grey. These muffins you can never have enough off. You can simply swap the fruits and try different variations, which I am planning to next time I make these munchkins. :)
Banana oat bran muffins (adapted from homestyle magazine)
butter, melted - 2tbs
brown sugar - 1/3 c
wholemeal flour - 3/4 c
baking powder - 1tsp
salt - 1/4 tsp
oat brain - 1/2 c
egg - 1
honey - 2 tbs
buttermilk - 1/2 c
vanilla - 1tsp
ripe banana - 1
carrot, grated - 1
applesauce - 3tbs
- preheat oven to 180c and grease and line 6 muffin pan.
- beat the egg, honey, butter, vanilla, buttermilk and the brown sugar.
- sift in the flour, add the oat bran, baking soda, salt, the mashed banana, carrot and applesauce. combine well
- spoon mixture onto into the paper liners and bake for 30 min or until done
* I added sultanas to these muffins and turned out they are not a family favorite. Next time I'll stick to the recipe :)