Apple streusal slice



These apple streusel slices are yum-malicious!! These slices are very flavorful and fruity.

Gotta admit I really need to work on my streusel making skills, I didn't freeze until very firm :D nothings wrong with the taste of course but it doesn't look as perfect as I like it to be. Well, no ones perfect and certainly not me, I know that I have a lot of room for improvement and I am more than happy to learn as I go. It is all to my benefit anyway ;)

Anyway, like I said they taste divine don't get put off by streusal, give it a shot you won't be disappointed. :)




Apple Streusal Slice (womens weekly)

butter - 220 g
caster sugar - 220 g
egg yolks - 2
plain flour - 200 g
self-raising flour - 75 g
custard powder - 2 tbs
apples thinly sliced - 4
honey - 1 tbs
lemon rind - 1 tsp

Streusel topping

plain flour - 75 g
self-raising flour - 35 g
brown sugar - 75 g
cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
butter chopped - 90 g

- for the streusel topping process everything until combined and cover in plastic wrap, freeze for 1 hour
- preheat oven to 180 c
- beat butter, sugar and yolks until fluffy. stir in the flours and custard powder.
- press the mixture into the pan and bake for 25 min-cool
- meanwhile, cook apples honey and rind in a medium saucepan covered for 5 min
- spread the apples over the base, coarsely grate the streusel and sprinkle on top and bake for 20 min.


0 comments:

Post a Comment