For the past FIVE agonizing months, I have been eating boiled vegetables for dinner to shed some
OH!! It’s such a pain.
And what’s worse is that you starve yourself crazy and you only manage to lose a KILO, a bloody KILO!!! And even worse than that is that you make this slice and end up eating all the slices in a day and a half (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, breakfast, lunch). And it gets more worse when you weigh yourself the next morning and find out you have gained a KILO. -_-
AHHH, this is it for me, I can no longer do this any more. I have to stop whinging, get things straight and find a solution.
Solution = I just have to get along with ma muffins!! :D
If you are willing to get along with your muffins too, then by all means have a go at this slice. You won’t regret it.
Just don’t eat the whole lot. GAHH!! It’s not like you live forever. Might as well eat away while you’re here, life is too short to hold back right.
Lemon and passionfruit slice (adapted from homestyle cakes)
Unsalted butter – 125g
Sugar – 90g
Egg – 1
Vanilla – 1/2tsp
Plain flour – 90g
Self-raising flour – 40g
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease and line 11x7inch baking tin
- Beat the sugar and the butter until fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla
- Sift and fold in the flours
- Bake for 15-20 min or until golden and done. Cool
Custard powder – 40g
Sugar – 250g
Cornflour – 60g
Milk – 3c
Lemon – 3/4c
Passionfruit puree – 1/4c
Butter – 60g
Egg yolks – 3
- In a saucepan mix in everything well except the butter and the yolks. Make sure there are no lumps
- Stir over medium for heat for 5 min or until the custard thickens
- Cool a little and whisk in the yolks and the butter
- Pour over the base and chill for 3-4 hours